Bacon, Cheese and Zucchini Bread is a deliciously easy loaf to make. It is full of flavour and perfect to eat at Breakfast, pack in the school lunchbox, take on a picnic or cut into slices and freeze for a quick breakfast during the week.
I have used D’Orsogna’s 100% Natural Bacon, it is created using only the finest naturally-derived ingredients, our Natural Bacon contains nothing artificial, as well as being free of gluten and any added nitrites. It comes as a handy twin pack so you can use half for this recipe and the other half will stay fresh to use later in the week. You will find it in the fridge section of your local Woolworths.
3 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Sunflower Oil
1 Small Zucchini, grated
150gm D’Orsogna 100% Natural Bacon, sliced
1 Cup Tasty Cheese, grated
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tbs Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Using a food processor, stand mixer or thermostyle appliance, place the eggs and oil into the bowl. Process for 5 minutes. This will allow the eggs and oil to emulsify and come out thick and creamy.
- While they are mixing, cook the bacon in a frypan over a high heat. It will only take a couple of minutes for the bacon to get some colour. Remove from the heat.
- Once the egg mix is ready, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese; mix on a low speed until just combined. While mixing add the milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and stock powder and mix until just combined. You will have a lovely glossy thick mixture.
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin (25cm x 10cm), place into a pre-heated 170 degree Celsius oven to bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden on top and it bounces back when touched.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool further before slicing.
Enjoy warm straight from the oven on its own or serve a fried egg on top with some tomato relish for a delicious breakfast.
Send cold in the lunchbox as a easy and convenient alternative to sandwiches.
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer Friendly: place slices in ziplock bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
This is a sponsored post for D’Orsogna. Find more recipes like this one visit the D’Orsogna Website , D’Orsogna Facebook Page and D’Orsogna Instagram Page.
(Visited 14,687 times, 50 visits today)