Every year I am known for dreaming up a different trifle combination that is not your normal trifle. Last year I did the Lamington Trifle and this year I am using cinnamon doughnuts to make a completely over the top Doughnut Strawberry Trifle.
This trifle is so much fun to make and it just looks happy and cheerful once made.
1 Packet Cinnamon Doughnuts (12 pack), each doughnut sliced in half length ways
2 Packets Mini Jam Rolls, each roll cut into fours
500gm Strawberries, sliced into thin slices
2 Packets Strawberry Jelly – when made it makes 900mls, cut into cubes
2 Litres of Custard
1 500gm Jar Strawberry Jam
Chocolate Doughnuts (optional) these were from Kmart
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Spoon a layer of strawberry jam into the base of a trifle bowl.
- Add the doughnuts around the edges and bottom.
- Pour in a layer of custard, then top with some jelly and strawberries.
- Add a layer of jam rolls.
- Repeat the layering process until you reach the top.
- Finish off with the chocolate doughnuts and sprinkles to decorate.
Stand back and admire your creation before everyone digs in and it becomes a complete mess.
Serves 16 +
(Visited 1,461 times, 19 visits today)