Perfectly Balanced have released a new range of products including this Beef and Vegetable Mince that I am cooking with in this recipe. This wholesome Mince is packed with prime Australian Beef and nutritious Vegetables. It is a super-versatile mince mixture that can be used in countless ways just like regular mince. You will find this mince in the meat section of your local Woolworths.
The mince inspired me to make a quick, no chop family adaptation to a pilaf. I didn’t use a knife once in this recipe and it was all cooked in one pan. Filled with Greek inspired flavours this meal is perfect for even the youngest members of the family. Don’t like feta or olives? No problem they don’t have to be added and if the littlies will scrunch their noses up at the added baby spinach, simply don’t add it to their portion as there is already vegetables hidden into the mince.
500gm Perfectly Balanced Beef and Vegetable Mince
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
2 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes 400gm
400ml Water mixed with 1 Tsp Chicken Stock Powder
2 Handfuls Baby Spinach
450gm Packet of Microwave Pre-cooked long grain rice
1oogm Feta, crumbled
Sliced Kalamata Olives, to serve
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Place a large pan over a high heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the perfectly balanced beef and vegetable mince. Break the mince down with a wooden spoon until it is in small pieces. Sprinkle on the onion powder and mixed herbs. Cook stirring regularly for 3 minutes. Turn down to a medium heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes and mix through making sure to break the tomatoes up.
- Add in the baby spinach and mix through.
- Add the pre-cooked rice straight from the packet, don’t heat in the microwave and stir through.
- Fill the can that the tomatoes came out of with water and add the stock powder mix and pour into the pan. Stir through. Reduce to a low heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Before serving crumble on the feta and sprinkle on the olives.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer friendly – store portions in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating in the microwave.
This is a sponsored post for Perfectly Balanced. Recipe and imagery have been created by me for you to try at home. Enjoy.
(Visited 822 times, 13 visits today)