I decided to make the kids something a little fun to go in their lunchboxes this week. They are dragging their feet through the last few weeks of the year and I wanted to give them something a little cheerful to get them through the day.
These one bowl smartie biscuits are so easy to make, you literally melt and mix the ingredients to form the dough. Made from pantry and fridge staples making them is even easier.
100gm Butter, melted
3/4 Cup Soft Icing Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
Smarties to decorate (I used mini smarties found in the baking section)
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Melt the butter in the microwave.
2. In a large bowl add the butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence and egg. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the flour and continue to mix until the mixture forms a dough. Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Once chilled, roll tablespoon sized amounts into balls and then flatten slightly onto a lined baking tray. Repeat until all the dough is used.
5. Top with smarties and then place into a preheated 170 degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes or until very lightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container in the cupboard for up to 7 days.
Freeze friendly: place in a freezer safe air tight container for up to 3 months.
Makes approx: 20
(Visited 3,754 times, 27 visits today)